As a Taxi owner or operator in South Africa, you know all about the dangers of driving on our roads. If anything happens to your taxi, do you have adequate cover to make sure your business doesn’t suffer? Vehicle insurance is a must, but insurance designed specifically to protect your Taxi Business is definitely worth considering.
Apart from traditional minibus Taxi Service Insurance, some insurers may also include policy cover and extensions for Minibus, Midibus, Uber, Metered Taxi (or Cab), Tuk-tuks, Shuttle services and Chauffer Services. Remember, if you offer passengers a ride (or transport) in exchange for payment (or a fee), then you are operating your vehicle as a taxi or cab, which is considered as ‘business usage’. Whether you are a Taxi owner, Taxi Operator and/or Taxi Drivers, you need to protect your investment and livelihood.
TaxiSure have partnered with dome of South Africa’s biggest taxi insurance companies in order to assist our clients with appropriate cover – we can therefore also assist with tailor-made products (where applicable) at competitive premiums.
We provide a professional and personal service, as well as build long-term relationships with our clients. Whether you are a Taxi owner, Operator or Driver, you can get cover at competitive premiums.
Some important things to consider when looking for Taxi Insurance:
- Taxi Insurance is specifically designed to meet the needs of taxi owners, operators and drivers. That means you can expect to get coverage for things that aren’t usually covered under more traditional car or vehicle insurance policies.
- Generally, taxis average high daily mileage and long working hours in traffic. This fact, combined with the liabilities attached to it, usually makes Taxi Insurance more expensive than normal vehicle insurance.
- You have the option to choose from basic to comprehensive taxi cover, eg: For own damage, fire, theft, hijacking, as well as liability for damage to third-party property and personal accident cover.
- Passenger Liability Insurance is a big consideration when operating taxis.
- Some insurers have discounts for adding more vehicles to your policy, which is handy if you are considering building a fleet of taxis.
- Personal accident coverage for both driver and passengers is also available;
- Taxi operators should protect their taxis – especially if they’re still under finance arrangements;
- Many Taxi Insurance policies also offer compensation to the driver – if a taxi cannot be driven for a certain amount of time, due to an accident (thus, to cover possible lost earnings);
- Finally, many specific Taxi Insurance plans also cover trailers and/or loss of or damage done to luggage.
Please contact Miss T today for fast, friendly, professional advice and service.
* This article is provided for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal or financial advice.